Sunday 5 December 2010

Mum's Ashbourne Gingerbread

My Mum was born in Ashbourne in Derbyshire - she always cooks lovely food and here is her recipe for Ashbourne Gingerbreads. I will no doubt dip into her near endless recipe list as time goes on. In the meantime enjoy these beauties..



12oz/340g Plain Flour
8oz/230g Margarine or Butter
8oz/230g Caster Sugar
Rind of lemon grated
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
Pinch of salt

Cream marg and sugar mix in all other ingrediants. Roll out on floured board into a sausage shape.
cut into 1/2 " sections and press lightly into greased tin. Cook in preheated oven for approx 30mins until golden . 
Cool on a rack.
Don't eat them all as they are laden with calories !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have just made this, I made it with butter. Delicious! My husbands cousin who lived in Ashbourne gave me the recipe.

    ReplyDelete